Anybody would state Virat Kohli has had an astounding year however stunning doesn't appear to do equity; to my feelings, and his records.
The publication kid of Indian cricket and truly the best constrained overs batsman on the planet, Virat has struck a wonderful harmony between his expert and individual life, demonstrating that he is an ace of all exchanges. From driving group India from the front to giving us relationship objectives with sweetheart Anushka Sharma, there doesn't appear to be anything he doesn't do splendidly.
Here's taking a gander at his most astounding year.
1. In December 2016 Virat hit his third double century of the year, thus ending an amazing season on a high.
His 235 at Wankhede was a treat for all his fans.
2. Kohli took limited overs captaincy from MS Dhoni in the beginning of the year and excelled at it.
3. As you would expect, Virat scored a century in his first ODI as a captain and lead India to a 3-wicket victory.
This was his 27th ODI ton!
4. This was also India's first ODI series win under Kohli's captaincy
5. Proving that captaincy has only enhanced his individual performance, Kohli became the fastest to score 1000 runs as an ODI skipper.
The series against England was definitely monumental and laid the foundation of a captaincy stint which has been as beneficial for the team as it has been for Virat.
6. He then led India to a victory in Border Gavaskar Trophy against Australia in February-March.
Any victory against Australia is a big victory!
7. He also struck an adorsement deal with PUMA for...wait for it... a record breaking ₹ 110 crores.
He was made the global ambassador for the brand and joined the likes of Usain Bolt and Diego Maradona.
8. Kohli became the fastest to score 10 Test centuries among Indian captains.
He did it faster than Sunil Gavaskar by 8 innings.
9. To hounour his amazing contribution to Indian cricket, he was awarded with India's fourth highest civilian award, Padma Shree in March.
10. Virat surpassed Sanath Jayasuriya to be third on the list of most ODI hundreds.
He overtook Sachin Tendulkar in the process to achieve the feat as this was his 18th century while chasing the target as opposed to Tendulkar's 17.
11. India remained unbeaten for 19 Test matches and 6 series, which was team's longest run without defeat.
Source : Scoopwhoop
12. He also overthrew AB de Villiers to score fastest 9000 ODI runs.
Kohli achieved the feat in 194 innings while AB took 205 to do the same.